The Counseling/Mental Health Intern will gain practical work experience in the area of
Individual/ family counseling, behavioral health, substance abuse counseling and social human services. Performs supervised individual and group counseling.. Provides psychological assessments, intakes and appropriate referrals. May perform other related tasks that are a part of the agency's operation.
Supervised by: Clinical Director/ Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Co-facilitate group counseling sessions
- Attend supervision with Clinical Director
-Conduct intakes with clients, as needed
- Provide individual counseling, Biopsychosocials and Substance Abuse Evaluation as needed
- Provide counseling for psychoeducational programs.
- Complete all required clinical documentation via electronic recordkeeping system
- Other duties as determined by the Clinical Director.
While some minor flexibility in service provision is possible, each clinical intern must set a schedule with the Human Resources Department that must be honored. This is an unpaid internship.
Education: . Bachelor’s Degree, must in be enrolled in a Master’s Level Program pursuing a mental-health counseling degree or a degree in a similar field.
Other Requirements: Must have a level-2 background screening and must adhere to random drug screening.