Mental Health Counselor
Provides mental health services to all clients which include assessments and evaluation, crisis intervention and stabilization, outpatient counseling and psychotherapy, and support case management.
For School Clinical Therapist (SIPS Program)
Provide individual counseling to students in order to help reduce behavioral issues (eg: anger outburst, impulsive and disruptive behavior, depressed or mood swings, adjustment difficulties) affecting the student's academic performance. Conduct family sessions on a monthly basis to increase positive parent-child interaction.
Supervised by: Clinical Supervisor
The Mental Health/Substance Abuse Therapist will be responsible for providing mental health and substance abuse treatment services in an outpatient facility. The specific duties will include:
1. Clinical assessments, treatment, case management, consultation, referral and education according to the individual’s professional discipline. Services shall be provided in accordance with the established Florida Mental Health and Substance Abuse Standards as well as within the scope of practice of the individual.
2. Conduct psychosocial evaluations and provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families as needed to facilitate.
3. Evaluate the individual and family systems as well as assess client’s functioning within work, family and routines of daily living and identifies areas needing continued support, resources and treatment in order to assist clients.
4. Develop, implement, and maintain partnerships with other community providers.
5. Maintain case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation.
6. Provide follow-up and aftercare planning services as needed. Expeditiously discharges
6. Provide emergency services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
7. Attend staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and other activities, which ensure the
smooth functioning of clinical operations.
8. Other duties as determined by the Clinical Supervisor.
Education: . Master’s degree or higher in mental health field. Must possess a license or be license eligible from the State of Florida Mental Health Professions Licensing Board.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in the mental health/substance abuse field with co-occurring disorders. Experience working in an outpatient facility. Experience in providing individual and group counseling; experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution; excellent interpersonal skills and ability.
Other Requirements: Must possess a valid Driver’s License. Must pass a background screening and must adhere to random drug screening.
Positions starts off on a stipend while training and then transitions to full-time with benefits.